Electrolysis Hair Removal
Electrolysis is the longest established method of permanent hair reduction. It works by passing a small amount of energy (current) into the hair follicle through a very fine probe, this produces a chemical reaction that destroys the cells at the base of the hair. Each hair is probed individually and then removed using tweezers. If the hair is quite coarse it may need a few treatments to encourage the original hair to become finer, and less obvious if not completely removed.
It is important to be aware that because of human physiology, no one can expect to lose 100% of their treatable hair.
Electrolysis can be used to treat most areas on the face and body but is best suited for treating small localised areas such as the upper lip, chin, eyebrows, midline of stomach, areola.
Electrolysis can also be used to treat red veins of the face (see RVT) and ingrown hairs.
Electrolysis is suitable for men and women, from the young to the older client. Under 16's need G.P approval.
When you receive treatment from a qualified therapist who holds a specialist electrolysis qualification the only sign that you have received electrolysis treatment should be that the hairs will have disappeared. Immediately after the treatment you can expect the skin to be raised with some redness much resembling a mosquito bite.
There is a very small risk of tiny burns or scars in the skin.
The discomfort level can vary from person to person depending on your pain tolerance. Talk to your Caci therapist about pain relief options.
Benefits of Electrolysis:
- Effectively treats all hair colours
- Promotes lesser, finer hair growth
- Control: you don't have to worry about unwanted hair again
After treatment care:
- Do not touch the treated area
- After care product should be applied for three - five days post treatment to accelerate the healing of the underlying tissue
- No cosmetics or perfumed products on the treated area until next day
- No clorinated pools or spa pools until the next day
- No sun exposure or sunbeds until the next day
- If you have any concerns at all please contact your Caci therapist immediately
Phone Caci now on 0800 438 438 to book your Electrolysis Consultation.