Visiting us at Caci under the Covid 19 Protection Framework
From Friday December 3rd: Red/Orange - Clinics will be open for treatments, free consultations and skincare purchases following the requirements outlined at each level for close contact businesses (Skin Clinics, Hairdressers, Gyms)
What does this mean for you?
- Make sure to have your vaccine pass ready at each visit - All customers will need to provide their vaccine pass to receive treatment at the Red and Orange levels of the Covid 19 Protection Framework. This is required by the government for close contact businesses such as gyms and hairdressers.
- The NZ Covid Tracer App QR code will be on display for you to scan in on arrival.
- You will need to wear a mask. We will wear a mask at all times while working, but you can remove your mask when you get on the bed – just as you would remove your glasses. If you’re having a treatment done that doesn’t involve removing your mask, feel free to leave it on.
- We will be physical distancing in the reception area.
- Our team will be wearing their PPE gear, cleaning and sanitising in line with our health and safety protocols.
- Please come to your appointment alone - to ensure we are able to carry out physical distancing in clinic.
For further information, please visit: COVID-19 Protection Information
Feeling unwell? Let's reschedule your booking
If you are unwell, or have symptoms including fever, cough, sneezing and running nose or sore throat, contact us to reschedule your appointment.
We want to ensure that we’re doing the right thing by our customers and our team, so if you are unwell, please stay home. We will also ensure our team are healthy and well every day we’re in clinic too.
Will having the Covid vaccine affect my treatment at all?
We are ensuring your health and safety comes first and following guidelines from the Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons and our own Caci Clinical Advisory Board. If you have your vaccinations booked in or have had yours recently, check the chart below to see when you will be able to come in for your next treatment. Please let us know and we will schedule your treatment accordingly.
|Treatment||Time to wait after having your vaccination:|
|Dermal Filler||2 weeks|
|LED Light Therapy, Laser Hair Removal, Fractional CO2 Laser, Photo Rejuvenation||1 week|
This does not apply to appointments for: Microdermabrasion, Hydradermabrasion, Microneedling, Sonophoresis Skin Infusion, Facials or Beauty Services.
Will I need to provide proof of vaccination to come to Caci?
All customers will need to provide their vaccine pass to receive treatment at the Red and Orange levels of the Covid 19 Protection Framework. This is required by the government for close contact businesses such as gyms and hairdressers. When we are at the green level, it is likely (from what is outlined currently), that all customers will be able to receive treatments at Caci if certain health measures are in place, including mask use.
Is everyone at Caci vaccinated?
Under the New Zealand Covid 19 Protection Framework (Red and Orange), all employees of a close contact business are required to be vaccinated. Employees, in clinic, at Caci are compliant with the Government mandate: 1st vaccination by 3rd December 2021, 2nd vaccination by 17th January 2022.
At Caci we are will be adhering to the highest standards of Health and Safety practices, fully compliant with the NZ Government and Ministry of Health guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our customers.
We love what we do, helping New Zealanders with what we call 'skin confidence'. And as always we are committed to practicing the highest health and safety standards at all times. As New Zealand's trusted and favourite skin clinic you can feel confident that you are in safe hands with Caci.
Although your next visit to clinic might look and feel a little bit different, it is important that we put the health of you and our team first. Our clinic protocols and training are more comprehensive than standard, we're going above and beyond to ensure you feel safe, our team feels safe and you can continue to come to Caci for the same feeling of connection and care that we know you love.
If you have any questions, do get in touch via our webchat, social media or by contacting your clinic directly, each team is regularly checking their emails,
Stay safe and take care, from all of us at Caci