Microneedling (Derma needling or Collagen Induction Therapy) is the perfect treatment for skin rejuvenation, reducing fine lines, pore size, improving skin texture and boosting collagen, all with minimal downtime.
Microneedles penetrate the skin, triggering the body’s natural healing response resulting in a boost in collagen production. The result is stronger, clearer, firmer skin with a healthy glow.
Microneedling with the Exceed medical device at Caci is FDA approved and clinically proven to visibly reduce wrinkles and treat acne scarring.
How does Microneedling work?
Microneedling (Collagen Induction Therapy) is an advanced skin treatment that works by penetrating the skin with microneedles that in result triggers that body’s natural healing response.
The activation of this response promotes the skin’s ability to heal, repair, and stimulate new collagen production – collagen being the building blocks of healthy, youthful skin.
The regeneration of new, healthy skin cells can disperse clusters of pigmentation, help to lighten discolouration, reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles and scarring (including acne scarring) plus give a more even tone to the skin.
Increase Collagen production
Microneedling is great for stimulating collagen production as it triggers the skin’s natural healing response resulting in new and improved collagen tissue. Collagen is the protein that gives our skin its strength and structure.
Improve skin texture
Microneedling can help improve skin texture through increased collagen production as it makes the skin tighter and firmer, which helps shrink the size of your pores and creates a more even skin texture. Your skin will look and feel smoother after each treatment.
Visibly reduce fine lines and wrinkles
Fine lines and wrinkles start to form as our collagen stores deplete with age, so microneedling can also be used as a preventative measure to boost collagen and slow wrinkles from forming. Increasing collagen production results in smoother, plumper skin that is more toned by plumping the skin tissue underneath the surface.
Reduce the appearance of scarring
Microneedling can help reduce the appearance of acne scarring by stimulating new collagen and to help resurface the acne scarring by plumping the skin underneath.
Microneedling for Acne and Rosacea
Microneedling (Collagen Induction Therapy) is a great treatment for acne-prone skin and acne scarring. By stimulating new collagen, microneedling can help to resurface the acne scarring by plumping the skin underneath. It’s also great for reducing hyperpigmentation and skin discolouration caused by acne, leaving a more even complexion. For more info on how microneedling can help acne scars, check out our skin 101 guide. Microneedling can help with rosacea-related discolouration and improvement of your skin texture. By stimulating collagen production, it can reduce the appearance of vessels beneath the skin and overall redness.
Real Skin, Real Results
Frequently asked questions
Reformaskin, your skin health membership
Get fresh, bright, healthy looking skin with a combination of skin-correcting treatments. Let our expert team look after your skin and skin confidence.
You might also like
What to expect after Microneedling
- Always follow the post-treatment skin care advice from your treatment provider
- Your skin may feel hot or sensitive after treatment, this is completely normal. The redness and/or swelling after treatment can last anywhere to 10 minutes or up to 3 days post-treatment but will go away.
- Make sure to wear an SPF30+ sunscreen daily from 1 day after treatment.
- Do not exfoliate for 1 week.
- Mineral makeup may be used 24 hours after treatment.
- Do not expose the treatment area to the sun.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medication for 48 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid activity where your skin may come into contact with irritants, i.e: swimming pools and hot tubs. In addition to this avoid activity that may expose your skin to infectious material while your skin is healing for 1 week or longer if needed.
- Please advise us if you have any changes in medications or medical conditions.
- If you experience any grazing or a skin reaction, or have any questions or concerns, please contact your Caci clinic.